< MOLLY KRONBERG SUES LYNDON LAROUCHE | CAMPAIGN | BREAKING THE SILENCE >
|THE ACADEMIC WORLD IS TAKING SERIOUSLY THE DANGERS OF THE LAROUCHE ORGANIZATION!|
|A one-day international symposium on the language of far-right movements:|
| Speaking with Forked Tongues |
|The Rhetoric of Right-Wing Extremism Today|
|Friday, 26 June 2009, Park Campus, University of Northampton , United Kingdom|
|Keynote speakers: Professor Roger Griffin, Professor Janet Wilson, Mr. Michael Ellis, Chip Berlet, Dennis King, families of victims and some former members...|
From Holocaust "revisionism" in places like Central Europe to "white nationalist" parties in Britain and France to veiled anti-Semitic conspiricism by the American ideologue, Lyndon LaRouche, the recourse to language as a political veil, rather than a transparent means of communication, has been a key feature of radical right-wing movements since 1945. This daylong event promises to uncover salient techniques and relevant practices employed in far-right rhetoric, for the benefit of contemporary researchers, policy-makers and the wider public.
For further information,please contact the organisers:
Dr Matthew Feldman (email@example.com ) and
Dr Paul Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Welcome and Overview: Dr Paul Jackson
- Opening Remarks: Mr. Michael Ellis (Conservative Parliamentary Candidate, Northampton North)
Panel 1, 9.50-11.00am:
The Language of Contemporary Right-Wing Extremism
Panel 2, 11.30am-1.00pm:
The Rhetoric of Party Political Extremism in Europe: BNP, NPD and FN
- Dr Peter Davies: "From Aids to Eugenics: The Moralising Language of Jean-Marie Le Pen's Front National"
- Dr Paul Jackson: "Avoiding 'Pavlovian PC Reactions': The BNP and Nick Griffin's Finessing of the British Far-Right"
- Dr Matthew Feldman: 'Because it's not racist ... it's common sense!' An analysis of the far-right's performance in the European elections'
Lunch, 1.00-2.00pm: Sunley Management Centre
From left to right: Dr Paul Jackson, Dennis King, Chip Berlet
Panel 3, 2.00-3.00pm:
The LaRouche Organisation
- Mr Dennis King: "Shame-faced Fascism: The Ideology of Lyndon LaRouche"
- Mr Chip Berlet: "Coded antisemitism and the Jeremiah Duggan Case"
Panel 4, 3.00-3.45pm:
Forum Discussion on the LaRouche Organisation
- Chaired by Mr. Yves Messer, with families of victims and ex-members
Round Table Discussion, 4.30-6.00pm
Chaired by Dr Matthew Feldman
Programme: PDF downloadable here